Here’s a super easy, fun craft project to create with your little ones. They would make a cute Christmas card or perhaps even a thank-you note. Just trace the bottoms of any plastic container onto a piece of white paper, cut out as many as you would like and provide the kids with paint, glitter, glue, yarn buttons and sequins.
- Trace circles onto white construction paper. Add a tab for the ornament top and cut out.
- Paint paper with various colored paint. I love the metallic tempera paint but regular tempera is great, too.
- Use glue to add craft rhinestones and sequins and glitter.
- Add a pre-tied yarn or ribbon bow.
- Glue onto paper (construction paper, greeting card, etc.)
Teacher Tip:I used a colored sheet of 12″ x 9″ paper as their table protector and they used the same paper to “carry” their completed ornaments to the drying rack. Then after the pieces dried, I turned the paper over, glued on the ornaments and wrote their names in silver pen.
Brilliant use of paper, I think!