Literature Inspired Art Lesson Plans

Literature-Inspired-ArtMy last Dr. Seuss art lesson was created two years ago and has become one of my most popular lessons of all time. Building on the same theme, I created three more Dr. Seuss-Inspired lessons that are easy to teach and fun for the children to create. This 21-page lesson plan booklet provides three lesson plans that include direct-line instruction so even the most art-challenged teacher can teach with success!

Perfect for celebrating Dr. Seuss Day or for anytime you want to add a fun, easy and colorful addition to your classroom walls, the following lessons hit the mark:

Colorful Cat: Follow a directed line drawing of this mischievous cat and paint with a simple technique. Stop here or glam it up with a colorful background.

Red: Red, a character in my favorite Dr. seuss book, Hop on Pop, children will enjoy drawing this cute character and paint a colorful mop of hair.

Funky Fish: A very easy directed line drawing creates a fanciful and very Dr. Suess-like fish. Chalk pastels make quick work out of this adorable art project.

Dr-Seuss-Inspired-art-lessonpreview

This 21-page booklet features three complete lessons and is perfect for grades 1-4. The booklet includes:

• 21 pages of photo-tutorials and teacher tips
  • An introduction and my tips for successful Directed Line Drawings
  • How to draw a “Cat in the Hat” inspired character handout
  • How to draw “Red” Inspired character
  • How to draw a “Dr. Seuss”-like fish
  • 2 coloring pages
  • Student galleries
  • Art Supply lists
  • Student Objectives

Only $5 Click to see Literature-Inspired Lessons in the DSS Shop

This is a digital file.

1. Jackie says:

I was wondering what age level this .pdf is for? I can’t wait to use it, we love The Cat in The Hat.

2. AMArtell says:

I have paid through pay pal…But how do I get the file?

3. Patty says:

Did the Dr. Seuss like fish today! So cute!!! Thanks! I love your website!

4. [...] Here is a great Dr. Seuss Day art project for your little ones. Inspired by my favorite “One Fish Two Fish”, this lesson is perfect for any lower elementary grade including Kinders. If you need more Dr. Seuss-Onspired lessons, check out my Literature-Inspired Art Lesson lessons Plans. [...]

5. Sharon B says:

Loved the Dr. Suess book….did chalk One Fish Two Fish for 1st graders and Hop on Pop …Red with second graders…They thought it was wonderful (and so did I) .

6. karlyn1@bigpond.com says:

Hi Patty, I have joined your site and I have purchases on the way to Australia.
    How do I download this/purchase the online/digital file?
    Kind regards, Karlyn

Just go to the DSS shop, click “My DSS”, enter your log-in info and your download links will appear. Also, all links would have been emailed to you, so check your junk mail.

7. [...] my older students we followed the outline for the Deep Space Sparkle lesson [...]