First grade students are capable artists. They have unstoppable enthusiasm and love to tackle all mediums. They love painting and are learning how to use the paint brush effectively. They are learning the difference between watercolor and tempera paints and oil and chalk pastel. Most first grade students know how to use scissors and can cut straight lines very well. Circles are more challenging.
- First graders are learning who to use different sized paintbrushes for different projects.
- Understand line and shape.
- Love to follow directed-line drawings and are very proud of their efforts.
- Know who to mix secondary colors from primary.
- First graders know how to make paint look muddy.
- First graders are beginning to add details to their drawings.
WATCH AND VIEW THE FIRST GRADE LESSONS