Kinder kids are eager, unpredictable and adorable. Never underestimate Kinders: they can follow directions, sit for longer than you think and will come up with the most adorable interpretations of the lesson. Reading a book before the art lesson helps Kinders transition to art class and will offer endless inspiration.
- Kinders are able to hold a drawing tool. I like oil pastels and paint brushes.
- Kinders love to draw lines. They are just learning how lines can turn into shapes.
- Many 5-year olds can handle scissors, but don’t be surprised if some have never seen scissors before.
- Kinders paint in short, random strokes.
- Kinders LOVE to chat about their work.
- Kinders love to learn how to draw familiar objects, especially animals. So much that they will continue to draw that object all day long.