Neil (tech support king!) answers some frequently asked questions regarding the PDF Art Lesson Plans:
I recently purchased the “Dr. Seuss” art lesson plans, but its not available in my download page? Patty needed to rename the Dr. Seuss lesson plan, and doing that caused it to disappear from the download list for some recent customer’s purchases. Sorry about that. If this happened to you, send me an email and I will send you a link to the renamed “Literature Inspired Art Lessons”.
I purchased a PDF including videos. Where are the videos? The links to the videos are in the PDF document. Download and open the PDF and click on the video link. You will be directed to a video page that requires a password. Enter the password (it is in the PDF document too). The password is case sensitive so make sure you either copy and paste the password or type exactly as shown. Once you enter the password, you can select from the collection of video tutorials. Each video is approximately 10 minutes. They are recorded in high definition. They may require a few minutes to load, so be patient.
I purchased a PDF using a PayPal e-Check. When do I get the download link? PayPal e-Checks usually take 3 to 5 business days to clear. When your e-Check clears, an email with the download link will automatically be sent to you. If you use a PayPal “Instant Transfer” (a regular PayPal payment instead of an e-Check) the email with the download link goes out immediately. Most customers use PayPal Instant Transfers so they can get their email within a few minutes, download their PDFs and jump into the lesson plans right away. Instant Transfers require some balance, at least enough funds to cover the transfer, already in your account at the time of purchase.
Can I use a credit card to purchase Deep Space Sparkle art lesson plans? Deep Space Sparkle takes PayPal or Google Wallet for payment. Although we don’t take credit cards directly, you can still purchase via credit card thru PayPal or Google Wallet. If you don’t already have an account, get one with either of these payment services (Google Wallet or PayPal). Then go to the Deep Space Sparkle store, add the PDF(s) you want to your shopping cart and proceed to the checkout. Checkout gives you a choice of either Google or PayPal, and from there you can select your credit card as the form of payment.
What if I don’t download my PDF right away? That’s okay. You have ten days to download any lesson plan you purchase.
What if my download doesn’t work the first time? Don’t worry. The system gives you multiple tries to download your lessons.
I downloaded the PDF but I’m getting an error message “The file is damaged and cannot be opened.” Sometimes slow downloads will timeout (after about 15 minutes) and the connection is broken. In this case, the PDF is not complete. If you are on a DSL or Cable internet connection, try again. If you have better internet access at a school or work, try again from there. If you are on a slow internet connection, don’t worry. Send me an email and I will send you a different download link that doesn’t have a timeout.
I purchased one lesson plan, but I see 2 download links. What does this mean? In your download page, there is a pair of .zip and .pdf files for each lesson plan you purchased. You only need to download one or the other. The .zip file is compressed and faster to download. It works for most customers. The .pdf file is not compressed. Download the .pdf file if the .zip file doesn’t work for you.
I see a different cover page on a lesson plan I already bought. Did the lesson plan change? The cover pages on some of the lesson plans have been refreshed, but the lesson plans themselves still contain the same content. So if you previously purchased a lesson plan, there is no need to purchase the same lesson plan again. The shop has been reorganized to show all the lesson plans at once (you can still use the old view, click on “List of Products” at the top of the shopping cart). The new page showing “All Products” and the new covers provides a quick, easy way to navigate in the Shop.
I paid for my lesson, but when do I receive it? All PDF’s are available for download immediately following payment. If you pay using PayPal, you will receive an email with the download link. If you pay using Google Checkout, the download link is shown in Google Checkout after your payment is processed.
Please note that Deep Space Sparkle lesson plans will not be mailed to you. The lesson plans are digital PDF files, designed to be downloaded on-line and printed out on your computer. You can read these lesson plans on your computer and print them on your printer. You can select which pages to print, for example you can print out the handouts for use in a class room and leave the rest of the lesson plan on your computer and view it on the screen.
I paid by Google Wallet. How do I receive my lesson? After your credit card or transaction is approved (this can take a few moments, so be patient), a yellow box will appear. It will say “Click on the following link to download your purchase(s)”. This happens within a few moments, while you are still in Google Wallet.
What if I miss clicking on the yellow box? This is easy to fix. You can retrieve your link by logging onto your Google Wallet account. Click on Purchase History and then View Order. The download link will be displayed with the other info about your purchase.
I paid by Paypal but I didn’t get a link. What do I do?
- PayPal sends you a confirmation of your purchase, then DeepSpaceSparkle sends you an email with the download link. Some email filters at some internet service providers put email from DeepSpaceSparkle in the “junk” folder. Search your email folders for the words “purchase from Deep Space Sparkle”. After you open up your email, it will say “To download, click this link.”
- Some PayPal customers experience a lag time between ordering and receiving the email with the download link. The email from PayPal arrives right away, but the email with the download link may take several minutes to be delivered.
- If you do not receive an email with the download link, contact Neil via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). In this case, the most common problem is that the email address in your PayPal account is old, or your PayPal account has multiple email addresses, perhaps including your husband’s email. PayPal identifies only one email as the Primary email for an PayPal account and that is the email address that PayPal provides to us. If this address is old or incorrect, or if it is your spouses email, or if it is not the email address you are currently using, your download email will go to that address. If this happens to you, we have no way of contacting you.
- Please double check the email address in your PayPal account. Then contact us and will we email your download link to your current email address.
Problems with printing PDFs are usually because of differences in the printers. PDFs are intended to be a portable document format (from Adobe) that can be interpreted by a large number of document readers and printed on a variety of printers. But the ability to print any given PDF might depend on the fonts used, the margin settings, or other features of the PDF standard that some printers don’t support. We test each of Patty’s PDFs on our printers here. But still, there can be some problems with other printers.
If you are having a problem printing a PDF to your printer, the best suggest is to try printing on a different printer, perhaps a printer at your school or office.
Contact Neil at: Neil.Cutcliffe@deepspacesparkle.com
PDF Art eBooks Usage
- My art lesson ebooks are priced for individual use. You may purchase multiple licenses of each eBook at a 50 % discount on my Teachers Pay Teachers Store. You will also have the opportunity to purchase my eBooks via purchase orders. To visit my Teachers Pay Teachers store, click the banner below:
- The eBooks are best saved into a folder on your computer. Print the handouts only and you’ll save a bit on ink.
- If you have suggestions for any of my eBooks or need a little extra help with some steps, please send me an email or leave a comment in the appropriate post. I’ll get back to you right away!
Regarding Art Lesson Posts:
- I post lessons and art ideas on Deep Space Sparkle for you; the homeschooling mom, the classroom teacher, the student teacher and especially other art teachers. I love to hear how the project worked for you so leave a comment and share your experience.
- If you’re a blogger like me and try one of my lessons, I ask that you link directly back to my blog post (learn how to link back here). This is the best part of sharing art lessons: seeing how others interpret the lesson.
- Please do not “cut and paste” my text, images, lessons plans or anything else from my site. Please use my site as inspiration. Certain exemptions can apply, so please email me if unsure.
- You are most welcome to “pin” my images on Pinterest (love it!!) but please make sure you pin from the original source (Post).
If we haven’t answered all your questions, please fell free to email me (link is on the HOME page). Thank you all so much for your support. Keep your emails and comments coming.
Thanks, Patty and Neil