Southwest Watercolor Landscape is inspired by the book Coyote Places the Stars by Harriet Peck Taylor. Children in third grade (around 7-9 years old) will learn to how to draw a landscape by using art concepts such as foreground and background and the basic art technique of watercolor resist.
I hope you enjoy this FREE sample lesson from Deep Space Sparkle’s newest art resource, Art School for Kids!
Grade level curriculum with six lessons per grade are available for $65 per grade. The EVERYTHING plan includes all 42 videos and learning resources.
- Reviews (1)
- “Southwest Landscapes” Lesson Video
- 15 minute video, Standard or High Def
- Show it to your students, timeline is in the Lesson Plan
- “Southwest Landscapes” Lesson Plan PDF
- Supply List
- “I Can” Statements and Teacher Objectives
- About the Book Section with Pictures
- Timeline to correspond with Video
- Teacher Tips
- Full Color Photo Tutorials for Drawing and Painting
- What to Look For
- Student Gallery
- “Southwest Landscape” Drawing Guide Handout
This free lesson represents a typical lesson plan found in the Deep Space Sparkle online art curriculum “Art School for Kids”. It is targeted at third grade, but suitable for a range of grade levels.
You are free to use this lesson plan in your classroom, my gift to you and your students. For more details on the “Art School for Kids” curriculum, click HERE.