This Birch Trees and Winter Birds inspired by Lois Ehlert has been one of my most pinned and copied lesson. Still, I get tons of requests to give a more detailed lesson plan with templates that can printed out at a moments notice. So after a couple of years, I’m happy to oblige all those who are looking to download this great art lesson.
I have to admit, this lesson (along with my Pie in the Sky art lesson in my Art & Literature PDF) remains one of my most favorite lesson because every single kid loves it. And I mean LOVE! The combination of creating a birch tree with a very cool technique and the detailed watercolor techniques they get to experiment with is just plain fun.
- Reviews (0)
This 13-page single lesson plan includes the following:
- Detailed photo-tutorial lesson broken down into manageable chunks
- Options for creating birch trees
- Watercolor techniques (salting and watercolor resist)
- How to draw an Ehlert-Inspired Bird handout (for those not wanting to use templates)
- Bird templates
- Artist Statement for student reflection
- Permanent download link in your personal DSS order page