SPRINGTIME WITH THE MASTERS ART LESSON PACKET
According to my 2015 Readers Survey, many of you need simple, easy lessons that involve little to no prep. Here’s what you said…
[quote] Please include more lessons that don’t use paint [/quote]
[quote] More lessons based on the art of famous artists. The ones that you have created so far are some of my favorites. I would love more. Your blog is my favorite resource. Thanks bunches! [/quote]
Do these requests sound familiar? There are many needs out there and I know I can’t help all of you, but I love responding to your request.
Springtime with the Masters art lesson is a collection of easy prep art activities using paper, marker and colored pencils. These aren’t your typical Deep Space Sparkle in-depth drawing and painting tutorials. They are quick and easy and allow the time-crunched teacher to add a simple art activity at the end of the day.
Here’s how it works:
- Photocopy the handouts or coloring page onto cardstock and offer these activities for free-choice time or for sub plans for students to color. I find that using markers is a fun way to get a great saturation of color with little effort.
- Instead of just using the handouts as coloring sheets, amp up the activity by leading a directed line drawing with your students. I’ve included how-to-drawing guides to get you started.
- If you have more time, allow your students to use the handouts and drawing guides to create a beautiful drawings with colored pencils, watercolor or markers.
- Vincent Van Gogh
- Berthe Morisot (Impressionist artist)
- Henri Matisse
- Friedensreich Hundertwasser
- Claude Monet
- Canadian artist Maud Lewis
Here’s what the 37-page download of Springtime with the Masters Art Lesson includes: