Deep Space Sparkle elevates art teacher’s lives with inspiration, engaging lessons and teaching techniques through our membership club that serves over 7K teachers worldwide. We understand that teaching art isn’t just about passing out a sheet of paper and a tub of crayons. We know it requires creativity, a plan and a deep love for children.
We offer teachers a path to simplify their busy lives with done-for-you art curriculums, colorful & creative lesson plans, art workshops, a podcast and a thriving art teacher community. This helps teachers deliver a quality art experience to their students while understanding their value and achieving work-life balance.
We also make it easy for parents to facilitate an art studio experience at home through our art for kids membership, Primerry. Using simple supplies, children explore art mediums and techniques through engaging art videos.
Project management and the team manager is the operational component of our creative endeavors. The team manager will provide structure, processes and a sound organizational plan so that our team of creatives can execute and deliver our products and services in an efficient and timely manner.
The project and team manager will serve as the glue that binds together our sparkly ideas and gets them out into the world.
– Manage the day-to-day operations in our downtown Santa Barbara Headquarters
– Create structure, processes and an employee development plan for team members
– Design and implement project management boards to funnel creative ideas into deliverables
– Allocate tasks to team members (both in-house and virtual) and communicate deadlines
– Create and manage multiple promotional calendars and product launches for our online courses, membership enrollment and workshops
– Make SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) and ensure they are followed by each team member.
– Set-up team meetings both virtually and in-house
– Organize in-house + virtual team trainings
– General HR management including timesheet tracking, vacation planning and employee records.
– Hiring and onboard new team members
WHO YOU ARE
You are a natural leader and manager of people but don’t want to work in a stressed-out corporate environment. The idea of supporting a team of talented creatives who have multiple ideas and projects makes your heart do a little dance because you know what’s possible when you put timelines and structure in place.
You love taking a seed of an idea from conception to delivery.
You are a natural helper and encourager but will implement radical candor when necessary.
You love the idea of working in a sunny, downtown office in Santa Barbara while still having time to pick up your kids from school or catch an afternoon yoga class.
You’re excited to work with a woman founder of a recognized and respected online art education company because you can’t draw a stick figure to save your life so you know there must be something special going on here.
But most of all, you love the idea of working for a company that puts children’s creativity first.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
– Bachelor Degree or equivalent
– 10+ years work experience + 5 years office management or equivalent
– Exceptional verbal communication and writing skills
– Strong computer skills
– Experience with project management systems (Monday, Dropbox, Google, Slack)
– This is 35+ hours per week in-house position (remote until safe to work in the office)
– Benefits include 401(k), Health insurance, Vision and Dental, Paid time off after 60-days of employment and 30 hours minimum a week.
– Monday-Friday (work between hours 8-4)
– Interview process done remotely until safe to meet in-house
– Competitive salary based on your experience
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If this position is the one you’ve been waiting for, please send a personal email stating why you are the perfect person for this role. Don’t hold back. We want to understand who you are, what your superpower is and how you could be the one that takes our company to new heights.
Be as brief as possible, showcasing your personality and experience. Please attach your resume and let us know (in the subject of your email) what project in Deep Space Sparkle might encourage you to pick up a paint brush and create with us.
If this job seems like a great fit, we’d love to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org