Line + Color=Fun! Art Lesson Plans

Lines-plus-color-cover

This 25-page booklet  contains three art lessons requiring only a pen and paper. Have more time? Add a shot of color to create an even more stunning piece of art. All grade levels will enjoy creating these fun line drawings and with the help of the original drawing handouts, teachers will enjoy the ease of each lesson.

Russian Architecture: Based upon the architecture of St. Basil’s Cathedral, children learn how to draw spires and onion domes using a black marker and paper. Add a simple chalk pastel background or stick with the line drawing. Requires two, 50-min class sessions.

Folk Art City: Introduce the whimsy of folk art to your students with this fun line drawing. Learn cool “tricks” for drawing folk art perspective as well as skyscrapers, cars, houses and trees. Keep as a black and white line drawing or add color using colored pencils and watercolors. Requires three, 45-min classes.

Crazy Critters: Learn how to draw beetles, crickets and other strange looking insects, then select an option for coloring. Very easy lesson for the teacher, super fun for the kids! Requires one or two, 45-minute classes.

Lesson packet includes Four original Deep Space Sparkle drawing handouts:
St. Basil’s Cathedral Drawing Handout
Folk Art City Drawing Guide
Folk Art City how-to-draw tips
Crazy Critter Drawing Guide & Idea Sheet

Purchase Line + Color = Fun in the DSS Shop

Click to view this product in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store

1. blessedbygod says:

I love your site it is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    These lessons look like something my 7 year old ds would love. Can you tell me if these lessons would be age appropriate for my 5 and 7 year old boys? They are both really into drawing.
    Blessings,
    Lori
    dltenhaken@yahoo.com

2. Patty P says:

I feature the works of second graders (7 year olds) in the Crazy Critter Lesson but the other two lessons are geared more for 4th grade and up. But with one-on-one instruction from mom, it should be no problems and lots of fun.

3. [...] art lesson? I love painting with the kids. My favourite DSS lesson thus far would have to be the Folk Art Cities. Although, I must say, I love all the lessons on DSS and spend far too much time trolling the DSS [...]

4. karen k says:

Thank-you for this valueable web site! I just love looking at all the great lessons/ideas/coversations that are right here at my finger tips. I teach art to almost 900 k-4 students at four schools-it’s just plain crazy most days of the year trying to keep up with lessons and supplies. This site offers inspiration and guidance and keeps me going!

5. Nic says:

I just got done with something like this. I didn’t see your before… Great minds… right?

6. Stephanie Needham says:

I keep downloading more and more lessons. I love them.Your ideas are very well done and the results fab,Thanks,
    Stephanie

7. Jewel says:

I teach Art to Grades 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 primary students in Australia, and I found this website really helpful! I bought this booklet and did teh Crazy Critter lesson with Grade 1s, the City Folk Art with Grade 3s, and the Russian Architecture one with Grades 5 and 6. I modified the last lesson to suit my Muslim students as I work in a Muslim school. The work my students produced (masjid architecture) were just great for the Ramadan. Thank you!

8. [...] anyone feeling to challenged or worse, bored! I like Miro Line Drawings and Miro Paintings. My Line plus Color equals Fun PDF has good lessons that combine line with color, so think about doing a line drawing then adding [...]