Art Show 2012

To my wonderful students,

Look at what you have achieved! You have learned about color and composition, line and shape, tempera and watercolor, tint and shade, clay and paper, O’Keeffe and Van Gogh, Matisse and Klee.

Are you tired yet?

You tune your curiosity and creativity to the highest levels; your keen attention and your willingness to learn is motivating. Thank you for your efforts as they are appreciated by so many others.

We have more to learn. See you next week!

Mrs. Palmer

1. Laura says:

Love the show and Love the “Art Banners” ;)

2. Pat Stevens says:

Patty it looks great! I really like the huge display boards and the graphic banners too. Did the kids make them or did you have fun creating them? That’s definitely an idea I will try and use in the future. It’s fun to see all of the projects you’ve shared on your blog, displayed beautifully at the art show. I know your students will appreciate your efforts on their behalf.

Yes, the banners were a last minute addition from me. I had a few minutes and couldn’t help cover two empty spaces at the entrance. I’m glad I added them.

3. hope knight says:

It’s that time of year again for sure, so much work yet so beautiful and such a celebration. Looks great, congrats to you and your students. Mine’s still a couple weeks away…

4. kacey says:

I know this is a HUGE project for you.. and I can not imagine how the parents feel seeing this! What a wonderful experience for your students! Job Well Done!

5. paula says:

My question is about matting the artwork. We use both 9 x 12 and 18 x 24 size paper for the students..usually just white construction paper. It’s always a challenge to matt the larger size papers b/c it requires taping and cutting to the right size. Has anyone else come up with an easy way to do this? Do you have the students mat as they go? We have them select their favorite 3 pieces and choose from those for the final art show. This year we are not matting but putting all pieces onto large sheets of black paper…but not sure that I like that option since it doesn’t really look “finished”. Thanks for any help. Love the idea of the bi-fold doors…will try that next year!

6. Hi Patty! I am a huge fan of yours from South Africa.
    Every teacher I meet I tell them about your awesome blog! I have purchased most of your PDF lessons and check out you blog weekly! I of course follow you on Pinterst….
    A question now about Art Shows …..
    I read your post that you think it might be boring for viewers to see the same projects displayed together . Oops I always do this I however I create theme displays ! I add ” props” to the displays to make the display exciting for the viewers. Please can you check out my teams blog the creataliciousteachersblog and look on the dates 5th NOv 2011 and 6th Nov 2011! Please tell me what you think ? Should I be changing my format , I really value your input, sorry the photos are not great. My exhibition is in 5 weeks,

Hi Carey,
      Thanks so much for your email! Wow! You just made my day.
      As for grouping similar art pieces together, I say, go for it. Actually, i used to group all my pieces together as I felt it made quite an impact, but then I changed it up one year. I liked the change and stuck with it. It sounds as though (I couldn’t access your link “not found’) you have a great system so if it feels right and looks great, stick with what you like!

• H Patty .
        Thanks for your response ! I really appreciate you insight.
        I think I am going to try your system this year.

Here is the link again. thecreataliciousteachers.blogspot.com/
        Abundant blessings to you!
        Thanks again for sharing your gifts with the world.

7. Ingrid says:

Are these really on bi-fold doors? Can you tell a bit more about what they are on?
    Thanks!!