How to Incorporate STEAM Projects Into Your Art Room: AME 045
Are you wondering what STEAM based art education is all about? Art teacher Amy Zschaber will shine the light on what’s possible for art educators.
Quite honestly, I was never a fan of replacing studio arts with anything digital or math related. Now I realize how short sighted I was. Amy describes an art curriculum that is rich in both creativity and discovery.
In this episode, Amy shares her journey as an art educator, how she went from confused to confident and strategies to make the best in a struggling school environment.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Amy designs lesson plans to fit with the environment she’s teaching in
- How having the proper credentials gives you a new sense of confidence
- How a STEAM project differs from other art projects
- Tips on how art teachers can work with general education teachers in regards to lesson plans
- How overcoming limitations, like lack of supplies, can be the foundation of really great lessons
- The importance of changing your mindset for the children
Subscribe to Art Made Easy and receive new episodes directly on your phone via your podcast App.
Note: If you have an iPhone, subscribe in iTunes. If you have an Android phone, subscribe in Stitcher.
Amy’s blog Artful Arts Amy
Moma Art Lab App for iPad
Digital Art Specialist Tricia Fuglestad
Christopher Sweeney Ultimaker Website
Amy Zschaber is an award-winning Art teacher from California. She began teaching in 2005 after discovering she had a “knack” for putting steps to elaborate art-based projects as a summer camp instructor.
Her blog, Artful Artsy Amy shares her most popular STEAM based Art Units with teachers.