Romero Britto is a Brazilian born artist who now lives in Miami, Florida. His modern pop culture art work is known and celebrated all over the world. Like many art teachers, I love his work and love introducing his colorful art to my students.
Using broad tip markers like these markers from Faber-Castell and a piece of card stock, you can create an easy-to-draw Valentine’s Day Pop-Art Hearts with your kids.
Here are the basic steps:
- Draw curved lines on bottom of paper with black marker
- Draw “sun” and sun’s rays (straight lines)
- Draw a large heart over and in-between the rays
- Double up the black lines so they are thick
- Use broad tip markers to color in areas of the artwork
- Light colors make a good color choice for large areas
- Draw patterns over white paper or colored areas
Download a Free drawing Guide
Click the red box below, enter your name and email and we’ll send it straight to you!
Faber-Castell Children’s Art Products