Beyond Lesson Plans – Modern Ways to Connect & Collaborate in Your Art Room – Art Made Easy 035
Are you looking for ways to spruce up your art program? Move beyond traditional lesson plans with artist trading cards, a flipped classroom and QR codes.
Nic Hahn, author of the popular blog, Mini Matisse, shares how she transitioned to a choice-based art room, how she uses videos to flip her classroom plus she shares the art projects that have been the most successful with her students.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How working with different age groups gives you added perspective as a blogger
- How Artist Trading Cards help the learning process for students
- How her focus on Careers in Art has exposed the children to all sorts of possibilities
- Why reflection in the art room is needed, and how Nic ties pop culture into the curriculum
- Why she uses QR codes in her classroom
- How questions she receives online leads the direction of her blog
- How presenting the masters of art to her classes allowed Nic to grow as an artist herself
Subscribe to Art Made Easy and receive new episodes directly on your phone via your podcast App.
Note: If you have an iPhone, subscribe in iTunes. If you have an Android phone, subscribe in Stitcher.