Wonder what it’s like to step into the art room serving 500 kids a week after being in a classroom for 20 years? I was curious too, so I asked Crissy Harvey if she would share what that experience was like for her.
Crissy is a Sparkler in The Sparklers Club. What she was sharing in our private Facebook group was blowing me away. As a first-time art teacher, I was amazed at the attention to detail, the variety of lessons and the courage to tackle painted paper for the first time.
Deep Space Sparkle selected Crissy for our Sparkle Spotlight in April and as a featured member, she asked me a few questions. We talk about:
- What art supplies are must-haves in your art room
- How to teach 30 Kinders and 1st graders without going crazy
- What to do when kids miss art class
This episode is for anyone who is a first time art teacher, teaches hundreds of kids a week and is interested in being the creative lead in a school production.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
– Crissy’s biggest transition going from classroom to art teacher
– How Crissy’s school has allowed her to craft a curriculum
– How Crissy decides which projects to do with her class
– The logistics in creating a school production while running an art class at the same time
– Tips for working with younger kids and suggestions for children who have missed class
– Which art supplies is recommended for longevity in the art room
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
LINKS & RESOURCES:
You can visit Patty through Deep Space Sparkle on Facebook and Instagram