While I’ve been asked a hundred times, I rarely go out of my way to talk about it. Mostly, I’m afraid of the unwanted attention it would create. Or the feeling that I was abandoning my art teacher identity or that somehow my intentions were misguided. The it I’m talking about is how I transformed an art teacher’s side hustle into a thriving business that employs nine people and impacts thousands of teachers worldwide.
The it is Deep Space Sparkle.
Today, I’m taking you behind the Sparkly curtain to share with you how I run DSS. From sharing how my early mentors influenced how I created content to how my current business coaches have literally changed the trajectory of my life.
In the past two years, I retired (or liberated as he puts it) Neil from corporate America, hired 7 ladies and developed a membership site that has over 5000 active members.
It hasn’t been an easy road but it was one fueled by passion, purpose and instinct.
If you know anyone who could benefit from this podcast, please share! It’s really easy. Just open up your podcast app on your iPhone, search for Art Made Easy and click the share button. And while you’re there, please consider adding a rating or review.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– How I got started selling my first few lessons and why I was so excited with the possibilities
– What I gained from taking an online course and how it’s influenced what I create now
– How to know when it’s time to focus more effort on your side business
– What going “all in” with Deep Space Sparkle looked like, including renting office space and hiring a team
– Who influenced me the most for building my dream business
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
LINKS & RESOURCES:
Watch How Neil and Patty grew Deep Space Sparkle HERE
Join the Waitlist to be apart of my Sparklers Membership Club
Podcast’s and Bloggers mentioned in this episode of AME: