Many art teachers dream of running their own art studio. The freedom, the creativity and the chance to impact children on a deeper level appeals to many of us. Maureen Marks, a member of our Sparklers Club, shares how she went from teaching art in a public school to running a successful art business in her home town of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Maureen shares what made her decide to move out of her home and into a rented space, what she charges for her classes, what her biggest challenges are and her own special take on paint parties.
If you’re an art teacher considering the big move outside your art room to owning your own business, this episode is for you.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– How Maureen got her start in the art industry and what led her to owning her own studio
– What services Maureen offers to her community and her strategy around pricing
– What Maureen’s biggest struggle has been as she builds her art teaching business
– Why she enjoys teaching adults and how she uses mixed media in her classes
– Why becoming friends with other small business owners is important
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
LINKS & RESOURCES: