It’s the end of January and while many of you are well on your way to integrating new year’s resolutions into your life, I feel like I’m lagging. Two months of family, work and holiday bustle has left me worn out and uninspired.
But today is a new day and it’s because I realized one important thing: the cause of my depletion was actually depletion. The lack of creativity (or not enough of) had a profound effect on me: weight gain, lack of tolerance and the feeling that I just wasn’t myself.
I started to spend more time on social media seeing what others were doing and then feeling the opposite of inspired. I noticed I was cooking less and eating out more. NOT my normal preference. Watching TV every night instead of reading. OK for a few nights, but a whole month? Nope. Not me.
I knew what was happening.
I’ve always been diligent about my daily habits:
1. Rest, which means a full 8 hours a night
2. Eat healthfully with treats in moderation
3. Create something daily: art, food, blog post, etc.
4. Spend at least 1/4 of my day alone doing the above (the introverted me requires this)
And when one of these is eliminated, I know I’ve gone off my own little rails and need to make a change. And the solution lies where all solutions lie…in a good book.
But I need your help if I’m going to get my creative mojo back.
Join me for my very first Deep Space Sparkle Book Club selection and how I plan to use it to help me banish my creative depletion.
In this episode, I share 3 ways to identify burnout and what to do about it.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– Why I felt the need to take a break from the podcast
– How my recent experiences could apply to you, and help you in your own situation
– What are 3 telltale signs you’re ready to take some time off
– How I’ve noticed I’ve been changing, as a result of not being creative enough
– What I plan to do to refill my creative cup and a special invitation I have for you to join me on this journey
– Why you won’t want to miss next week’s special Art Made Easy episode…
DOWNLOAD THE FREE BOOK CLUB CHECKLIST
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
LINKS & RESOURCES