In this episode of Art Made Easy I’m diving down the rabbit hole of personality tests. Don’t know if you are a fan, but I’ve been literally obsessed with the Myers-Briggs test since I listen to The Mind Your Business podcast a few months ago.
Here’s what I learned; by knowing what makes you tick, you can learn how to become a better teacher, engage in activities that bring you more joy and be around people who compliment you. You may not be overly familiar with personality test, but trust me, knowing the reasons why you do what you do really helps with making decisions—big and small.
This episode is for anyone who is interested in being happier at work, choosing activities that energize you and learning how to manage your personal relationships.
It’s also a lot of fun figuring out who you really are!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
– How knowing what makes you “tick” can actually make you a better teacher
– How just being good at something doesn’t mean you should build a career from it
– That my strength was a single verb, “Create”, which has guided everything I do from my blog to my lessons
– What the four categories of the Myers-Briggs Personality Test are
– Where we get our energy from is the key to determining if we are an introvert or extrovert
– How you have to throw out your preconceived ideas of what people are based on their occupation
– How people with opposite personality traits can make a relationship work
– Why understanding other peoples’ personality types can make it easier to work with them
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
The Mind Your Business Podcast, with James Wedmore and Phoebe Mroczek (if you are a creative entrepreneur and haven’t listened to this podcast, you need to check it out. You’ll love it. I promise.)
Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham
Did you enjoy this show? Get automatic updates by subscribing to Art Made Easy on iTunes