Are your students coming to class attentive, respectful and ready to learn? Or do you spend most of your time battling challenging students?
No one wants to admit that there are days – maybe weeks – when the students wear you down so badly that you sink to a low point of frustration.
I know I’ve been there. And believe me, there’s no worse feeling than knowing you let down the students and yourself.
Today’s guest, Team Sparkle’s own Amy Clay shares 4 powerful management strategies that will help you get your class back on track. Her years of being a sub empowered her to tackle classroom management head on. She shares her passion for being an art sub and ways you can ensure that any substitute teacher who walks into your art room is welcomed and ready to create art with your students.
Make sure to download the free Art Substitute PDF. It’s filled with helpful forms and worksheets that will allow you to feel confident during those unpredictable sick days.
Amy Clay heads up the lesson development for Team Sparkle. She dreams, designs and creates the lessons that go into the art bundles inside our membership, The Sparklers Club.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– How substitute teaching gave Amy insight into classroom management
– Why setting expectations for your students and following through is crucial
– How you can be fair with your students, a protector and an adult
– How our Sparkler’s Club Substitute Plan Bundle can help teachers prepare when needing a substitute
– How to implement seating charts into your classroom
– Where to start with creating a classroom management plan
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
LINKS & RESOURCES
Download my free Art Substitute Information Binder by clicking the purple button below. Type in your name and email and we’ll send it to you!
Podcast mentioned in this episode:
Join the Sparklers Club waitlist HERE