When I was getting started as an art teacher, I was excited. But, I didn’t really know what I was doing. I had little to no experience – a few sessions in my kid’s classroom crafting quilt squares, but no elaborate art projects. I felt like I jumped into the deep end without any preparation…
But what I did have was a vision for what I wanted to accomplish. I knew I had a unique opportunity to inspire these kids. I knew it could be fun, exciting, and I knew I could make an impact. I decided to dedicate myself to making art class special for them. I backed my ideas up with lessons, then plans, and finally a curriculum that I was proud of.
As the years went on, I recognized that I was getting better and I started to ask myself what’s next? I created goals and identified milestones for myself. I wanted to maintain focus and stay confident in my teaching skills, without getting stale.
In this episode, I’ll walk you through the 5 Stages of Teacher Growth and give you the tools to move to the next stage. Listen in as I share my roadmap and help you identify where you might be in your teaching career, and how to start creating your own milestones.
Be sure to download a copy of my 5 Stages of Teacher Growth below.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– How to define a Stage One teacher, and the way that their passion for art leads them to teaching.
– What the goals and milestones are for Stage One teachers, including art fundamentals.
– How you develop your style and start using different media and techniques as a Stage Two teacher.
– Why a Stage Three teacher focuses on building confidence and adopting an art philosophy.
– What ways a Stage Four teacher shares their expertise with others.
– How Stage Five teachers can use his or her mastery to set and use processes.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
LINKS & RESOURCES:
Click the yellow button below to DOWNLOAD my free, 5 Stages of Teacher Growth PDF. Add your name and email and we’ll send it straight to you!
About Guided Drawings: AME 125
You can visit Patty through Deep Space Sparkle on Facebook and Instagram
Great podcast! Very enlightening! Thanks!
So good!! More wisdom… applicable to so many areas of maturing in adult life (personally, parenting, vocationally, relationally, spiritual).
Much honor to our Creator – the best artist of all~