Whether you are a brand new teacher preparing for your first art class or an experienced art teacher looking to change things up, knowing what to do on the first day of school can be challenging. We all have questions: Do you create art right away or do you establish a management plan? You may wonder what projects to do or what supplies to prep. This episode offers a few ideas to think about as you start to plan for your big day back.
Download the First Day of Art Class Freebie and Back to School Guide, and start planning your awesome week!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How deciding what you want your students to experience when they step into your art room is a great way to begin your year
- What painted paper is and how children can have fun with it.
- Why I created student portfolios and the best system on how to do this.
- How line drawings can be used as a project technique (and may be the most effective one)
- How self-portraits can be a great option for demonstrating student improvement in art throughout the year
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
DOWNLOAD THE FIRST DAY OF ART CLASS FREEBIE
Download our back to School Guide | Resources to help kickstart your art program.It’s a 3-part strategy on how to use the Elements of Arts when planning your art curriculum including ordering supplies, a grade level checklist for the scope and sequence of K-7 Elements of Art and What I’ll Learn in Art Class posters.
Watch this video to see how to make painted paper