Do you have enough time to prep?
Are you able to enjoy your job?
When do you sit and breathe?
I teach over 850 students at my school. There is little time built into my day to lesson plan, grade, hang/take down work, clean the room, and what ever the next thing is that admin assigns to me.
This was a question posted last week in the private Sparkler Facebook group. Perhaps you feel the same way? I know that at one point in my career, I had similar thoughts. And I suspect most art teachers would say this would be true.
But does it have to be your reality?
That’s what I want to explore today on the show: moving beyond technical tips or strategies and digging a bit deeper into the origins of this question.
We’re heading down the woo-woo path as I share my experiences with the Law of Attraction and how I used it to make me happier in my art room, happier at home and how I found my dream home.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– The approach I recommend to art teachers who are developing a curriculum
– How your own energy will affect your happiness level and the children that you serve
– What happens when you change your behavior towards children and the importance of consistency
– What the Law of Attraction is, my early experiences with it in the classroom and why things really “happen” to us
– How positivity can change your life and the way I got started on my journey of self-awareness
Tips to Help Overcome Frustrations:
1. Find a Mentor – who at your school seems applicable
2. Accept what you can’t change but change what you can – resist leads to frustration and blame
3. Remember you are the teacher. Children look to you for guidance, energy (calm, fun, inspiring) and above all to teach.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
LINKS & RESOURCES
You can visit Patty through Deep Space Sparkle on Facebook and Instagram