Do you want to write a book? Chances are, you do. It’s a dream many of us share until you sit down and stare at an empty screen. Perhaps you wonder if you have it in you. The endurance to see it through to the end. Maybe you do and maybe you don’t. This episode will share 5 action steps that I think are critical to you success as a writer.
A few years ago, I was asked to write a book. I considered the invitation, said yes and went through a process of writing a book proposal, waffling between self-publishing and traditional publishing and being both frustrated and fulfilled during the process.
This episode is for anyone who is thinking about writing a book and a few action steps to help you say yes!
Top Tips for writing a book:
1. Read what you want to write
2. Start writing
3. Don’t wait for inspiration
4. Spend a lot of time on you book proposal
5. If self-publishing, join a critique group
Want to read more about my journey as a published author? Listen to AME 085 Manifesting you Ultimate Goal…how I became a published author.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– Why you should be reading what you want to write
– How to start writing and tips for improvement
– Why you shouldn’t wait for inspiration to come to you
– Patty’s best tips for beginning to work on your book proposal
– What are the differences between a publishing house and self-publishing
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD A FREE LESSON FROM DRAW, PAINT, SPARKLE
LINKS & RESOURCES:
Head, Heart & Hand: The Waldorf Approach to Managin Young Artists with Sally Fowler: AME 090
Manifesting You Ultimate Goal: AME 085
Teaching Art in a Remote Village in Northern India with Celia Fisher: AME 059
Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators
Draw, Paint, Sparkle Pre-Order
You can visit Patty through Deep Space Sparkle on Facebook and Instagram