Classroom management is one of the hardest elements of being an art teacher. If you don’t have a plan, philosophy or strategy then art-making takes a back seat.
I believe it’s all about creating an environment in which your students look forward to coming to your class and equally important, creating an environment in which YOU want to come to class.
Here are my 6 factors to consider when making your classroom management plan.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why the environment in the art room is so important to consider
- How I used my own energy as a basis for my art room environment
- Why inspiring lessons are so valuable
- Why you don’t need to overthink the structure of your lessons
- How I set the expectations in my art room
- How your ego can work against you and take away perspective
- Why having trust with children is so important (and how to maintain it)
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle (affiliate link)
A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle (affiliate link)