Connecting with children through art is an essential ingredient in the success and longevity of artist, Jill Hatcher. Jill teaches children ages 4-12 in a public school, does after school art classes and hosts private classes in her home. And she doesn’t hold a teaching degree! It’s hard to imagine where she finds the energy until you meet her. Jill is enthusiastic, warm and loves connecting with both her students and fellow teachers.
We spotlight Jill in our Sparkle magazine and asked her to share her story on Art Made Easy.
This episode is for anyone who is not a credentialed teacher and wants to learn how others went from artist to art teacher.
Patty answers a few of Jill’s questions including an explanation of how Team Sparkle creates, designs and structures The Sparklers Club library of art lessons and what big things are in the pipeline for Deep Space Sparkle.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
– How Jill made her way into teaching art organically
– The ways her experience has differed from teaching in the school system to teaching at home
– What she says were the biggest struggles she’s faced in her career teaching art
– How Jill handles her classroom management
– Where Jill’s own creativity and inspiration comes from
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
LINKS & RESOURCES:
You can visit Patty through Deep Space Sparkle on Facebook and Instagram